So, it's spring. Everyone seems delighted in that, except me. That's because I see spring as a n'er-do-well, lying, son of a bitch.
I should start by saying that I enjoy spring quite a lot when it is actually here. I like nothing better than when it is 70 degrees outside and sunny, with flowers in bloom, etc. That is ideal weather for me. The problem with spring is that it never lasts very long. In fact, it is cruel in how short it actually lasts. It was in the 90s this week. Spring began on March 21 about a month later it was clearly summer weather. Granted it's gone back down, but there is no weather I hate more than hot, humid weather (some might say that's ironic considering I am from the South, but for me it's like why people in New England hate their winters...overexposure makes it worse). And of course, the Eden of the month of spring that actually exists is immediately followed by the Hell that is summer. It's merely a front for summer. Spring is a lie.
I don't like walking to the corner of my street at 8am to only find my efforts at showering that morning have been completely undone in 3 minutes. I find it harder to sleep, and the humidity is just oppressive. Not to mention that spring brings tourists and all sorts of other undesirables to this town.
So everyone is acting like some great war has just ended because it's spring, but I am having a very mild inverse of seasonal depression.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment