Here are some updates on various posts I have made in the past:
"No News is Good News"
I still don't feel any better about the media, but at least it isn't going to be shoved in my face as much now that the election is over.
"Reusing Catheters....mmm Lunchtime!"
It seems that the good people at Liberator Catheters (or Luberator Catheters if you are Jeff) have run out of advertising money, as I have not heard this one in a long time. But the stupid jingles have continued. Has anyone noticed that most commercials for old people are incredibly childlike?
"Cubical Neighbor"
He's just worse. I'm going nuts. If you want to understand, ask me and I'll show you his blog. It really explains a lot.
"The Great Grad School Dilemma"
I decided to go with the MPhil for the UK. I won't have to decide between the US and UK until I find out where I got into. I've obviously decided to go forward with the applications for next year. I cannot stand to wait. I am coming to the crunch time for applications. I just took the GRE.
"Disconnected"
I've done this 2 or 3 times out of 8 possible weekends. Not so great. I will try more.
"My Big Rant Against this Election"
Well, it's over. Thank God. I'm sure I will here a little bit more about it, but not too much. Still, it was painful to get through. However, I will confess that there was something...enjoyable about election night. I really do enjoy election nights, regardless of what happens. It's just so interesting to have this heavy stream of decisions being made. I watch all the elections I can, not just the big ones. I also love exit polling (I know it isn't always accurate, but it is the one of the few times other than the census where such widespread polling is done). I just find it very interesting to see all of the details from those polls.
All of the stories about my boss
Well, as I noted, she apologized to me about various things the other day. I am still really suspicious, but she's gotten much nicer. I cannot tell if this is her typical "post-angry rant against Wilson" niceness or if she realizes how abusive she has been. I will keep an eye on this.
"Best Office"
Still the bees knees. We had a Halloween party with more goodies than I can remember. I also almost won a massive pumpkin. You had to guess the weight. I guessed 95lbs, but it was 110.
"Once More Unto the Breach Dear Friends..."
I have had a copy of Henry VI Part I for like a month or 2 now and still have not watched it. It is just so hard to them. I need a break...but I am only half way through.
"The Christmas Post of Mid-October"
On like October 25, my neighbors across the street hung up their Christmas lights. I just about flipped out and wrote them a nasty anonymous letter to glue on their front door. I should add that I saw some retail Christmas stuff too before the end of October. I am still angry and will be until the end of November.
"I am become Warmth, the destoryer of cold"
It got warm again, damn it....so I haven't been able to wear my coat. It was 73 the other day......I WANT WINTER.
"Keep the line moving"
No real problems here, although I was irritated by someone who was arguing with my bus driver the other day and holding us all up.
"Election Predition"
I was surprisingly close on nearly all of my predictions, except voter turnout. I always overestimate this because I am convinced of it (by friends, news hype, and the long lines in my county), but in the end, voter turnout was about the same as 2004. I guess that means we will never get far above 60%.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
RE: the child-like jingles directed towards retired/eldery -- Perhaps, they are similar to the jingles from the 50s and 60s, and they seemed to work then. These types of jingles just shifted up. Plus, they are cheap, easy to write, and kitschy.
heh, lube...
Post a Comment