I am seriously going to lose it on this issue. I cannot stand the people in my building who use the elevator to go one floor.
I was just in the elevator. I was going from the 7th floor to the 3rd (and then I walk down a flight of steps to the 2nd). I got to 5, where it stopped. This woman got on. She pressed 4. She took the elevator DOWN one story. This happens a lot.
I hate these people. The stairs are located right next to the elevator. It is just as easy to use the stairs.
I should clarify why this makes me angry. For a lot of people they see this as unhealthy or a waste of energy. Sure. It is. I don't care about that nearly as much as I care that the whole damned thing is extremely inefficient. It is a total waste of time (and energy). That woman was waiting at least 2-3 minutes for the elevator. Probably more. She could go down the stairs in less than 15 seconds. In fact, she probably burned more calories standing there than if she had taken the stairs. Its like she wanted to wait. I mean because everyone loves waiting. Its my favorite thing to do. Oh wait, no....NO BODY LIKES WAITING. Are these people just stupid? I mean come on. And no, they are not infirm or handicapped. Seriously, why would you waste that much time. Why would you do this? It's so fucking illogical. There is absolutely no reason to take the damn elevator down one floor. Are you that worthless? You make the rest of us wait because you are so stupid you don't realize there is more in your life than using an elevator.
I seriously would like to hack/bribe my way into the elevator control system and prevent it from moving one floor like that. And why not? Seriously. Don't tell me "you can't do that." What if I just did it?
I mean, it is bad enough having to wait longer for these people to get on and off the elevator. But the frustration I have is really about how illogical and pointless it is. Again, there is absolutely no benefit to it. Are these people mentally handicapped and unable to consider the other options? Then maybe they shouldn't be working in a professional office building. Or maybe I should show them the stairwell...along with the bottom of my foot.
And you know, it is usually the same people. They aren't fat or old. But they look like they suck. They look like the sort of people no body wants to be around. I doubt they have many friends, and I am sure they have been miserable for years and will be until they die. Or maybe I am assuming all of this based on their actions. I can't say I have any sympathy for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hilarious post wilson--- especially the part about showing them the stairwell and the bottom of your foot. i giggled mightily.
also, i totally agree.
Post a Comment